Do you find yourself fighting brain fog? Is your memory giving you some grief? Do you find it more difficult to remember things or follow directions? The older we get the more these signs become noticeable. Since we are all aging, we can either accept it or participate in things that will keep your brain young. Here are some things you can do.
Human Growth Hormone Treatment
HGH is produced by the pituitary gland but as we age, we produce less and less of it, which is why we find ourselves aging. The human growth hormone treatment, which is a supplement can combat aging and offers a number of HGH benefits like keeping your brain young. Taking an HGH supplement will improve your memory, take away the brain fog, and make you feel ‘sharp.’ You can buy human growth hormone supplements online. Do your research to ensure you are buying quality products.
Use It or Lose It
If you thought this applied to just your body, you’d be wrong. Exercise your brain to keep it in tiptop condition or you will find it slipping. Take time each day to challenge your brain with problem solving tasks, crossword puzzles, learning a new song, etc. These activities done daily can help to develop new neural pathways keeping your brain current at all times.
A Fit Body Means a Fit Brain
New research suggests that when you exercise your body you provide fuel to your brain. When we exercise you rapidly active and stimulate neurons in your brain, which sends messages to your body so it can carry out the appropriate moves. New studies with animals have also shown that if you starve the neurons of blood sugar they can maintain their energy levels by absorbing glycogen, which is a stored carbohydrate, from helpful neighbor cells.
In these studies, where rats worked out on treadmills, they immediately ate, and the food appeared to go right to their brain –sometimes increasing brain glycogen levels by 60 percent in the areas linked with learning and memory. After 24 hours, the glycogen levels returned to normal, unless exercise was repeated every day. In the rats that ran for four weeks, these special stores of glycogen built up in the parts of the brain that support memory and learning.
In a French study, people who consumed a diet packed with green and orange produce had less cognitive decline over 13 years compared to those who didn’t eat such a diet. Carotenoids, the antioxidant that produces bright pigments in some fruits/vegetables is said to be responsible. The researchers believe carotenoids help neutralize free radicals—molecules that damage cells—and protect against a whole slew of health problems, including cancer, diabetes, and even a bad attitude.
Experts say that there is a direct link between the aging of the brain and what we expose it to. A 2013 study in the journal Neurology found that keeping your brain active and challenged throughout your lifetime can help preserve your memory in old age.
- Beets – Wake Forest University scientists discovered that the natural nitrates in beets can increase the blood flow to your brain, which improves mental performance.
- Sage – A study published in Pharmacological Biochemical Behavior found that young adults taking sage-oil extract before a cognitive test performed better than those who took a placebo.
- Grass-Fed Beef – An American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study that found women with healthy iron levels performed better on mental tasks and were able to complete them faster than those with poor iron status.
- Yerba Mate – Brazilian scientists found that yerba mate, an herbal tea from a South American plant, has the ability to enhance short-term brainpower.
- Oats – Glucose is your brain’s primary fuel, which comes from carbohydrates like those abundant in oats. The carbs in whole-grain oats are broken down very slowly, which can help keep you sharp for several hours.
- Lentils – The legume is brimming with folate, a B vitamin that helps boost brain power and it decreases levels of amino acids that can impair brain functioning
Keeping your brain young isn’t all that difficult – implement one or more of these ideas. If you want to reverse the signs of aging, you should really consider taking a human growth hormone supplement.