Last Updated on by
Aging – we all face symptoms at some point – many of those signs go far beyond wrinkles, and include signs such as fatigue, insomnia, reduced energy, decreased libido, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, high blood pressure, heart disease, and numerous other signs of aging. What if there was a something simple you could do to reverse aging? Some call it the ‘fountain of youth,’ others know it as HGH supplements.
If you haven’t heard about HGH, you wouldn’t be alone. HGH or human growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland. HGH secretes throughout the day, and it plays an important role in cell replacement, tissue repair, and brain function.
We produce the highest levels of HGH from the ages of 21 to 30, but after that our body produces less HGH, and in fact it depletes by 14% every decade. As a result over time, we begin to see the signs of aging seeping through. Initially these signs can be slow, but they become more noticeable and serious over time. Brittle bones, decreased energy, decreased muscle mass, and the list goes on. More signs of HGH deficiency can be found here!
Benefits of an HGH Supplement
- HGH supplements have shown to
- Increases energy
- Increase stamina and endurance
- Promote cardiac and lung functions, which will increase circulation
- Reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin appearance
- Increase muscles and decrease fat deposits
- Spped up recovery process
- Reduce injury incidences
- Enhances mental functioning
- Improves quality of sleep
- Control mood disorders
An Increase in HGH
HGH slows down the aging process but HGH injections are not the answer for most. Only those who are seriously depleted in HGH require injections. For most, there are other ways to help the body increase its production of HGH.
- Intense Exercise – Physical activity can increase your HGH secretion. However, intense training produces the highest increase in HGH.
- Deep Sleep – Get a deep sleep will help your body to naturally secrete more HGH.
- Eating a Well Balanced Diet – The type of food you eat can significantly affect the body’s HGH secretion. Foods that have a low glycemic index, and are high in fiber stop blood sugar spikes and help to increase HGH in the blood stream.
- HGH Supplements – Unlike HGH injections, HGH supplements are available over the counter without a doctor’s prescription, because they do not contain HGH. They contain many natural substances that help the body to increase HGH production.
Human Growth Hormone Studies
HGH is described by many experts as key to slow the aging process, and while the most famous study is the one by Dr Rudman and published in the 1990 New England Journal of Medicine, there are many others. Let’s have a look at a few.
- Dr. Daniel Rudman and his colleagues at The University of Wisconsin released the results of their treatment of 12 men aged 61 to 80 with intramuscular growth hormone. After 6 months, these 12 men had lost 14% of their body fat and gained an average of 8.8% muscle mass. Their bone density increased and their skin became thicker and firmer. Wrinkles disappeared and sexual performance was improved in several. Dr. Rudman concluded that, “The overall deterioration of the body that comes with growing old is not inevitable. These injections appear able to reverse 10 years of aging with one year of treatment.” (A Physicians Guide To Natural Health Products That Work By James Howenstine MD, page 233)
- In a 1990 study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, involving 21 men, 61-81 years old, Dr. Rudman found that after a six-month period of HGH injections, lean body mass and fat tissue changes were equivalent in magnitude to the changes incurred during 10-20 years of aging. In other words, the test subjects demonstrated a reversal in the aging process, appearing younger, sleeker, and stronger, and benefiting from an increase in muscle mass and a loss in body fat. Lung capacity and heart, immune, and kidney function all improved with HGH. (Alternative Medicine by Burton Goldberg, page 377)
- Dr. Daniel Rudman of the Medical College of Wisconsin gave a normal dose to elderly males 3 times a week for 6 months and returned muscle mass 10%, skin thickness increased 9%, body fat lowered 14%, and weight was added to the liver and spleen. Source: VesPro Enterprises’Pro-HGH with anterior Pituitary peptides,glycoamino complex Aminotrope, mono-poly-and -oligo-saccharidePolyose Complex, L-Glutamine, Arginine, Pyroglutamate, GAB A, Glycine, Lysine, Tyrosine, and Lacunabean (Vicia fabamajor) for L-Dopa. Homeopathic GH Hormonegentic. Take Indium. (Anti-Aging Manual by Joseph B Marion, page 10 )
- At the December 1996 Anti-Aging Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, I heard Dr. Bengt-Ake Bengtsson, one of the leading human growth hormone researchers in the world, discuss his landmark study of 333 patients with low levels of HGH. Dr. Bengtsson discovered that these patients were twice as likely to die from heart disease as the age-matched control group. Among patients treated with HGH replacement therapy, there was a uniform decrease in cardiovascular risk, as well as weight loss and a favorable increase in HDL and lower LDL blood fractions. (Optimum Health by Stephen T Sinatra MD, page 257 )